When was the last time you laughed so hard you felt like you were going to burst? Every time I have one of those wonderful laughs I feel awesome. Before having Noah, I averaged extreme laughing episodes a few times a week. However, I currently average these fits of extreme joy a few times a day. Watching Noah crack up because the cat walks by, I drop his bib on his highchair tray, someone knocks on the door, etc. is enough to set me off.
I spend every waking moment with my child and often spend time trying to get him to laugh, but he looks at me as though I just stepped off a spaceship from Saturn. Yet, when I drop a carrot on the floor while making lunch, hysteria explodes as Noah finds humor in my mishaps. Our little one is always ready for a good laugh. His lack of grudges, stress, embarrassment, and foul moods allow his heart to overflow with joy. His excitement knows no bounds (especially while eating as sweet potatoes spew from his giggling cheeks).
The lesson I learned today- eliminating baggage from my own heart allows much more room for God to fill it with his joy. The sporadic joy that I find in life these days keeps me going. I encourage you to have a good laugh today and allow God to fill you with His joy!
Psalm 51:12
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

very well written sis
ReplyDelete