Little did I know how crazy my life would become.
I posted my last post a day before we were asked to leave our home for over 3 weeks (with very little notice) due to needed renovations and no running water. But, God sure knew. He knew that I would have a mini fit about it and wish my little life would stay status quo. He knew that I would soon realize my blessings and "get over it". He also knew that after going 6 weeks without rain, it would inevitably rain most days we are in this empty apartment :-) He knew I would whine about that. He knew that I would survive just fine with a car load of things and a roof over my head. He knew I could whip up homemade meals with 1 pan, 1 pot and 1 mixing bowl. He knew those things and he knows my future.
I take such rest in the fact that God knows me. He knows that I cry when I leave my screaming son in the church nursery, He knows that He will provide amazing women to encourage and comfort me when it happens. He knows that despite the fact that my brother was given a few weeks to live, we could celebrate his 30th birthday this weekend!! ( A HUGE blessing! ) He knows that I desire to change my heart but often come up with excuses as to why I can't spend time with Him. He knows that the past two weeks of my life have been full of joy, excitement, frustration, "busyness", and encouragement. He knew that he would provide an amazing husband for me to share in our journey of life. I draw close to Jesus because He knows my heart and loves me just the same.
My prayer for you is that you feel the love of God today and rest in the fact that He knows every intimate detail about you- He created you- He knows you- He loves you. Expect big things from God today- his love never fails!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Haha, you will probably go back home and purge because after living on little everything you have will seem so overwhelming. Hang in there, if anyone can keep things positive in a big huge empty apartment it's you. It was so nice talking to you yesterday. I really want to try to make May work, I want to see you guys and meet Noah!
ReplyDelete