Thursday, August 16, 2012
Early Bird
She get's up between 5:00 and 6:00am. Everyday, no matter what time she goes to bed. She's my early bird. I'm her very tired mama.
She wants time alone with me in a quiet peaceful house. She wants to play and sign songs. She wants to stand and attempt to walk. It's her time to shine and to get all of the attention. Ignoring her doesn't seem to solve the problem. Lord, please help me to see this early bird - crack of dawn- hour as a blessing. Give me strength and energy to continue my day. Help me to savor our 6:30am walks into town or to get groceries. Help me to drink deep of this time in life where it is just a fact that I do not get sleep. Help me to have peace knowing that I am not sleeping because my kids want to be with me and the situation is not the other way around. Wake up this tired mommy and help me to love on my early bird! She is an incredible joy, gift, and blessing in my life. Thank you for creating her!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

aw sweet girl. Praying for you friend. My kids are pretty decent sleepers so I am not sure I could find joy in my heart if no sleep were a regular thing rather than an occasional thing. Thanks for challenging me to find joy to go through their own unique and hard to deal with at times issues though...it certainly can be a challenge.
ReplyDelete