Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas time is here!

Well, I often think about this little blog and have ideas to post, and then life happens and by the time I finally get to the computer is way past my bedtime (9pm) and I cannot process my thoughts. Oh well, my idea to have this to print and keep memories for my children is somewhat sporadic, but I guess that means they will know that during those absent blog posts I was busy reading to them, changing diapers, and making sure that our house was in a livable condition ;)

Nonetheless, this year I decided to have ALL of my Christmas 'chores' done a week before Christmas and it actually happened- who knew?! (I was a crazy mess last week, mind you) So this week we are NOT making plans, shopping, baking, wrapping or sending cards- but instead we'll be spending time together as a family, and reading and re-reading the real Christmas story and listening to Christmas music that actually has to do with Christmas. I am so excited to see what God will teach our family this week and am a planning on that true spirit of Christmas feeling to take over this very tired momma with a 2 month and 2 year old! :) We can always hope...

I encourage you to take some time out to reflect on the real meaning of Christmas even before the Christmas eve service. The incredible miracle that took place on that first Christmas is something that our minds and hearts can never fully appreciate. But, knowing that my God loves me THAT much delights my heart and I pray it delights yours too!

Merry Christmas friends- may your week if full of God's peace, joy, and love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment