Saturday, July 24, 2010

90 %

"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it." By Charles R. Swindoll

This quote sure rings true many times in our life. It can be so easy to be discouraged, but at the end of day the "big" things seem small and the "small" things are forgotten. Hopefully the story about my day will bring a smile to your face.

Woke up refreshed after son SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT (big news around here!)
Made a 9am doctor apt. for his eye infection.
Asked Nate to meet us near the doctor to drop off car for oil change and then go with us to lab to get son's 1 year blood work (call me a sissy, but I don't want to take him alone!)
Drove to pick up Nate and then go to lab- except lab was not in the location I thought and was across town.
Went to lab, walked the three flights of steps- lab was closed.
Came home then out to get RX filled and buy lots of ingredients for fajitas.
Made all ingredients for fajitas- started to eat, and found out meat was bad :-(
Spent 3 hours putting up baby gate that says "easy to install".
Had another squirrel in our ceiling and dirt was falling all over my just mopped kitchen floor.
Made a new stir fry recipe- didn't really like it, but son loved it (repeated saying and signing more)
While making dinner dropped a Tupperware lid on the hot burner- almost set off smoke alarm in entire building- cat ran to the door :-)
Went to pool to cool off after dinner- wondered why it was so empty- started swimming and lifeguard ran over and said "get out quick- the pool is closed- someone just threw up in there" A sign would have been nice. :-/
Run home to take very long shower.
Put son to bed.
Husband decides to run a cable wire from the kitchen up to our bedroom- thus rodent droppings all over my twice cleaned floor.
Forgot to pick up car.

All in all, I am happy to be sitting on the couch about to watch a movie. And honestly I still consider it a really good day. We are all healthy, God gives us our daily needs, we have a nice place to live, and we have each other. I love my life, really I do.

Hoping you find some joy in your day today! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment